SPCE Racing started back in 2010 with a group of only “5-10” students, who wanted to change the classroom learning into practical learning. It started with Baja, then SUPRA and finally Formula Bharat. SPCE RACING is now a group of 50 ardent and zealous engineers from Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Mumbai. Formula Student competitions get participation from number of teams from around the world. Thus, this will give SPCE Racing exposure to world-class engineering and will help develop the engineering practices of our students that are going to be a vital part in development of technology in future India. Ever since 2010 we have been consistent achievers in the field of combustion cars and have garnered massive respect amongst our peers. But for the very first time, this season we will be taking a step into the future and manufacturing an electric vehicle prototype.
1. FB 2020 – 6th rank in combustion vehicle category.
2. FB 2020 – Design event finalists.
3. FB 2020 – Fabheads Composites event finalists.
4. FB 2020 – 7th in Acceleration event
5. FB 2019 – 11th rank overall.
6. FB 2019 – 5th rank in Business Plan event.
7. FB 2018 – 8th in Design event.
8. SUPRA 2016 – 3rd in Autocross event
9. SUPRA 2016 – 7th rank overall.
10. SUPRA 2015 – 1st rank in Mumbai region.
11. SUPRA 2014 – 5th rank in Virtual Round.
12. BAJA 2013 – Achieved 5th rank in Acceleration event.
13. SUPRA 2011 – Overall 3rd rank.
14. BAJA 2010 – Technical Innovation Award.
We also qualified for Formula Student Czech &Formula Student East in 2019 , Formula Student East in 2020.
Our overarching goal is to design and assemble a formula student car that can navigate and successfully overcome the challenges posed by various Formula Student Competitions held at national and international level. We aspire to be a team to represent INDIA at international competitions like Formula Student Germany (FSG), Formula Student Italy (FSI), Formula Student East (FS East) among others and promote a culture of environmentally sustainable vehicle development among the students.